Friday, April 4, 2014

Let Them Play! Future Engineers

So we were waiting for the call to go get our class pictures taken and I said, "Play with your cubes for a minute." (My kids keep about 20 cubes in their work boxes for math lessons and down times.) My sweet precious child that has severe language delays made this and explained it to the class.
Open window. Toss out lesson plans. 

"Who else can build a machine? And while you're at it, get out your journals and write about it. Oh, and can you accurately record the number of cubes needed to make your machine?"
I love moments like this.





The bottom if you press it will turn into a rock collection and it measures and it learns about rocks.
This is a water machine. The water is dripping. This is a juice machine.

This is my ice cream machine. But lift and this comes out easily. This is my ice cream grabber.

I made a helicopter. (10 yellow 17 green)
Different day, another happy play moment:
Have you had any "let them play" moments recently? Leave a comment!
Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Engineers galore! Maybe one of them will actually invent and patent their invention. Keep this post for when they become famous!
    G-Iron Tutor

    ReplyDelete