Saturday, July 12, 2014

More PD at ITK!

In between all of the fun photos and Elvis sightings, there was some superb professional development going on at I Teach K! in Vegas.

My kinder peeps from Macon, GA! Love these ladies!!
For example, I stopped by my friend Palma Lindsey's presentation that was chock full off science ideas for kinders. Here is a pic of a teacher folding and throwing a tube of paper to learn about force and motion. We tried a quiet discovery idea...just put water on wax paper. Use a straw to move it around, break it up, count and more. 

 


I found one presenter I just couldn't stalk enough. I went to three of her sessions! Melissa Dickson knocked my socks off with information about  teaching reading and getting kids to think. Here we are learning about way to guide thinking and listening while reading non-fiction. 

Here are some links to some free things I found out about...

Teaching Made Easier (7 day trial)


morgueFile.com  (a place to get free photos)




Back to the fun....I went out to eat with Palma (KfUNdamentals) and Heidi (HeidiSongs) and Melinda (ESGI). You know you can save 400 hours on your assessments with ESGI, right? Well if I had 400 more hours, I would spend it with these ladies! Did we end up at a night club after dinner? No. We're so glam we went to the Target Dollar spot. What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. So don't share that, OK?


Stays in Vegas...


Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Jayne, for the links you posted. They are all great! :) And for the Vegas fun. Clearly, what happens in Vegas doesn't stay there, but it lives on forever on Facebook! Love you so much!
    Palma (kfundamentals)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jayne, what a fun post for me to read! Loved it! Thanks so much for the shout out!
    I sure had a wonderful time getting to know you and spending time with all of you ladies! What a blast!
    :)
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are the best! I haven't laughed that hard in ages, and I'll never pass by the Target Dollar Spot again without thinking of you. Driving on the strip, Jayne? Why YES WE DID!

    ReplyDelete